Does Nsfas Fund Diploma In Tourism Management?

By |

Does Nsfas Fund Diploma In Tourism Management?

Does Nsfas Fund Diploma In Tourism Management?

The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) helps South African students by providing financial support. Prospective students who want to pursue a Diploma in Tourism Management can apply for this financial support. NSFAS provides financial aid to qualified students pursuing higher education at public universities and TVET colleges.

What is NSFAS?

According to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999), a government agency within the Department of Higher Education and Training called NSFAS was created to give financially disadvantaged students who wanted to continue their education at public universities or TVET colleges support.

What are TVET Qualification?

A TVET degree will give you the professional and vocational abilities you’ll need to find employment in South Africa. Your ability to launch new businesses will also be enhanced. The TVETs are the engine for a new skills revolution in South Africa since there is a lack of skills in fields like engineering, manufacturing, construction, agriculture, etc. that will support a robust economy.

What does the bursary cover?

Amounts indicated for accommodation, living allowance, transport, and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines. Does Nsfas Fund Diploma In Tourism Management?


  • Accommodation
As per the actual costs charged by the university (costs for private accommodation must not exceed costs for university residence)
  • Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7 500  per annum
  • Living allowance R15, 000  per annum
  •  Book allowances R5200 per annum
  •  Incidental/personal care allowance of R2900 per annum for students in catered residences


  • Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
  • Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
  •  Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
  •  Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350  per annum
  •  Transport R7000 per annum
  •  Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum

Who qualifies for NSFAS funding?

  •  All South African citizens
  • All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
  • Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
  •  A person with disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
  • Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum. Does Nsfas Fund Diploma In Tourism Management?

Who should not apply?

  •  Students who have completed a previous qualification.
  • Students with a combined household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
  • students who have previously applied, been approved, and been given financial aid. In the event that students pass their modules and fulfill the academic requirements, they are immediately financed for the remainder of their studies.

What programs are available at TVET colleges?

Public TVET Colleges provide a very diverse selection of courses and programs that have been created in response to the in-demand skills of companies. The length of courses might range from a brief few hours to three years for formal diploma programs.

Naturally, the costs of the courses vary widely as well, but it’s crucial to keep in mind that Department of Higher Education and Training programs are subsidized by 80% of the delivery cost, and many complete bursaries are available to cover the remaining 20% that would be paid by the student.

Can I get a diploma through NSFAS?

If a student wants to get a diploma or enroll in a diploma course, they might be asking if NSFAS will pay for it. Yes, provided that the course is at the undergraduate level, NSFAS will pay your diploma program.

NSFAS funds Ministerial programs and students must refer to each college, however, the generally funded programs are below:

  • Engineering Studies – (National Certificate -Vocational) NQF levels 2-4 & Engineering studies – Report 191 N1-N6
  • Engineering and Related Design; Electrical Infrastructure; Civil Engineering Construction and Information Technology & Computer Science
  • Business & Utility Studies (National Certificate – Vocational) NQF levels 2-4 & Report 191 N1-N6
  • Management; Marketing; Finance; Office Administration; Economics & Accounting; Education & Development; Hospitality; Tourism; Safety in Society and Transport & Logistics
  • Pre-Learning Programme (PLP) funding through NSFAS

Click here to view a list of all Tvet Colleges Diploma In Tourism Management funded by NSFAS.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *