Which TVET College Offers Tourism?

By |

Which TVET College Offers Tourism?

Which TVET College Offers Tourism?

If you’re thinking about a career in Tourism, keep reading to find out which Tvet colleges offer courses in it. The travel and tourism certificate program covers public relations-related jobs in the travel and hospitality industries as well as the fundamentals of tourism, such as tour guides, tour operators, and game rangers. This curriculum blends academic theory with practical skills and moral concepts.

What specifically is covered in Tvet College’s National Certificate (Tourism) program?

Each of the NQF Levels 2, 3, and 4 offers a curriculum called the National Certificate (Tourism). The goal of this curriculum is to teach tourism theory and practice. The study’s practical component may be delivered in the workplace or in a simulated working setting. It will give kids the chance to experience real-world employment settings while they are still in school.

How long does the qualification last?

At each of the NQF levels of study, the National Certificate (Tourism) curriculum lasts a full year. Upon successful completion of each level of study—Level 2, Level 3, and Level 4—a student is awarded a certificate.

What makes you choose tourism?

Of course, wanting to travel the world is one of the main reasons people pursue careers in tourism, and if you pick the proper one, you can! There are a variety of professions that allow for travel, providing you the chance to run your business from a single location abroad or even to travel frequently as part of your job.

Is it good to study tourism?

Professionals in the tourism industry are eligible to apply for positions throughout the world. This enables you to visit several locations and discover new nations, neighborhoods, ecosystems, and wildlife. Numerous opportunities exist for a career in tourism, many of which need non-standard working hours.

What are the minimum entry requirements for the program?

For entry into the National Certificate (Tourism) at NQF Level 2, you require:

  •  A year-end school report for grade 9, 10, 11, or 12 certificates; or
  • An NQF Level 1 qualification; or
  •  An approved bridging program designed for the specific purpose of accessing NQF Level 2; or
  •  A Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment to meet the basic requirements for access to NQF Level 2.

TVET Colleges that Offer Tourism

In South Africa, you can study tourism at some of the following institutions:

TVET Colleges

  •  False Bay TVET College
  •  Northlink College
  •  Coastal KZN TVET College
  •  Nkangala TVET College
  •  Ehlanzeni TVET College
  • Northern Cape Urban TVET College
  • Central Johannesburg TVET College
  • South Cape TVET College
  • Majuba TVET College
  • Vuselela TVET College


  •  University of South Africa (Unisa)
  •  Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT)
  •  University of Cape Town (UCT)
  •  University of the Western Cape (UWC)
  •  Nelson Mandela University (NMU)
  •  University of Pretoria (UP)
  • University of Johannesburg (UJ)
  •  Central University of Technology (CUT)
  •  University of the Free State (UFS)
  •  Durban University of Technology (DUT)
  •  University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN)
  •  University of Limpopo
  •  University of Venda
  •  Tshwane University of Technology (TUT)
  • University of Mpumalanga (UMP)
  •  Vaal University of Technology (VUT)
  •  North West University (NWU)

The National Certificate (Tourism) provides an opportunity to access careers in any of the sectors listed below:

  • Accommodation management
  • Conference and events planning
  • Restaurant and food services
  • Tourism development
  • Transportation management
  • Travel counseling
  • Further studies at Universities of Technology
  •  Game ranging and safari work

Hope this information was useful; if you have any questions regarding this post, please leave a comment in the space provided below


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *