Where Can I Study Tourism Management 

By |

Where Can I Study Tourism Management

Where Can I Study Tourism Management; Tourism Management 

If you are a potential student who wants to pursue a career in Tourism Management 
, it’s important to choose the right institution and program to acquire the skills needed for success. Many universities and colleges offer degree programs in tourism management. Below are institutions offering tourism management programs:

What is the role of tourism management?

tourist management is responsible for supervising all operations relating to the hospitality, travel, and tourist sectors. These comprise organizing tours, giving lodging, arranging for travel, making sure rules are followed, and more.

What is the tourism course at TVET?

The NC(V) Tourism course covers aspects of tourism principles like tour guiding, tour operations, and tourism development. Students who successfully complete the NQF Level 4 qualification may seek employment opportunities in this field of study. Tourism Management 

Qualification Admission Requirements for Tourism Management

  • Your admission to Unisa is dependent on you meeting the specific admission requirements for your chosen qualification.
  • A National Senior Certificate (Diploma endorsement) with at least 50% in the language of teaching and learning, or
  • a Senior Certificate (SC) with at least a D symbol on HG or a C symbol on SG in the language of teaching and learning, or
  • any Higher Certificate obtained in the College of Economic and Management Sciences.

Applicants who do not meet the aforementioned prerequisites may think about enrolling in one of the College’s Higher Certificate programs.

Additional support for Tourism Management qualification via TVET colleges

Unisa has an agreement with various Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges to offer classes in a selected number of qualifications. These classes have proved to generally improve the throughput rate of students who enroll for them.

Take note of the following:

  • Make sure that your TVET college of choice offers support for your qualifications.
  •  Apply for admission during Unisa’s application period via your TVET college or via Unisa.

Can I work in tourism even with a higher degree?

Students who get the Higher Certificate in Tourism Management should be able to find lucrative employment in South Africa and subsequently make beneficial contributions to the industry’s sociocultural, economic, and environmental aspects.

Where to Study Tourism Management 

Below are institutions offering tourism management programs:


  •  University of South Africa (Unisa)
  •  Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT)
  •  University of Cape Town (UCT)
  •  University of the Western Cape (UWC)
  •  Nelson Mandela University (NMU)
  •  University of Pretoria (UP)
  • University of Johannesburg (UJ)
  •  Central University of Technology (CUT)
  •  University of the Free State (UFS)
  •  Durban University of Technology (DUT)
  •  University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN)
  •  University of Limpopo
  •  University of Venda
  •  Tshwane University of Technology (TUT)
  • University of Mpumalanga (UMP)
  •  Vaal University of Technology (VUT)
  •  North West University (NWU)

TVET Colleges

  •  False Bay TVET College
  •  Northlink College
  •  Coastal KZN TVET College
  •  Nkangala TVET College
  •  Ehlanzeni TVET College
  • Northern Cape Urban TVET College

Hope this information was helpful, so if you have any questions kindly leave your comment in the section below.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *